Call us today for a free in-home evaluation 888-818-9463

Your Subtitle text

Financial Aid for Senior Living in Orange County

Veteran's Pension Along With Aid & Attendance

Aid and Attendance through the Veteran's Administration can help pay for your In-Home Care costs.  If your spouse or you is an honorably discharged Veteran of the US Military, you may qualify to receive up to $23,388.00 yearly.  This benefit is paid monthly, and goes directly to the Veteran or surviving spouse.

Monthly Benefit Paid:
  • Widow of Veteran            $1056.00           H3Assist will help submit your claim to the VA                            
  • Single Veteran                 $1644.00           Some companies charge up $3500
  • Married Veteran               $1949.00           We do this for all of our clients at no charge

How do I know if I am eligible for Assisted Living Financial Aid?

  1. Are you 65 or older?
  2. Did your spouse or you serve for at least 90 days?   
  3. Did you serve for at least one day during active war time?
  4. Were you honorably discharged?
  5. Do your spouse or you need help with at least one Activity of Daily Living?
If you answered yes to all five questions, you will more than likely qualify for Aid & Attendance.  There are also some financial qualifications through the VA.  The VA will compare your monthly income to your medical expenses.  If your medical expenses are greater, then you will most likely qualify for the Maximum benefit.

What are the qualifying dates of wartime to Receive a Veteran’s Pension?

  • WWII from 12/07/1941 to 12/31/1946
  • Korean Conflict from 06/27/1950 to 01/31/1955
  • Vietnam from 08/05/1964 to 05/07/1975 (In country service starts 02/28/1961)

* The following information is from the VA website:

What are Financial Aid and Attendance and Housebound Benefits?

  • Aid and Attendance (A&A) is a benefit paid in addition to monthly pension.   This benefit may not be paid without eligibility to pension.   A veteran may be eligible for A&A when:
    1. The veteran requires the aid of another person in order to perform personal functions required in everyday living, such as bathing, feeding, dressing, attending to the wants of nature, adjusting prosthetic devices, or protecting himself/herself from the hazards of his/her daily environment, OR,
    2. The veteran is bedridden, in that his/her disability or disabilities requires that he/she remain in bed apart from any prescribed course of convalescence or treatment, OR,
    3. The veteran is a patient in a nursing home due to mental or physical incapacity, OR,
    4. The veteran is blind, or so nearly blind as to have corrected visual acuity of 5/200 or less, in both eyes, or concentric contraction of the visual field to 5 degrees or less.
  • Housebound is paid in addition to monthly pension.    Like A&A, Housebound benefits may not be paid without eligibility to pension.   A veteran may be eligible for Housebound benefits when:
    1. The veteran has a single permanent disability evaluated as 100-percent disabling AND, due to such disability, he/she is permanently and substantially confined to his/her immediate premises, OR,
    2. The veteran has a single permanent disability evaluated as 100-percent disabling AND, another disability, or disabilities, evaluated as 60 percent or more disabling.
A veteran cannot receive both Aid and Attendance and Housebound benefits at the same time.

*Although H3Assist is happy to help our customers with their Veteran Aid and Attendance submittal, we cannot guarantee aid is received. This is a free, volunteer service from H3Assist and we shall not be held liable for applications or aid received.

Website Builder